Tuesday, April 26, 2005

You're too old, let go

Can somebody explain to me why people just don't let go of a certain era - particularly the 80's? Knotter and I spotted Uncle Rico's (of Napolean Dynamite fame) twin at Fazoli's. From the mustache to the jean jacket and sleeveless t-shirt, the only thing lacking was a tupperware set. At my current place of employment I know/have seen at least six of this alive and thriving breed. The best by far was the guy I passed on Monday. He had bleached black jeans, cowboy boots, fake leather jacket, dangling earring and feathered mullet. I'm positive that Levi's dumped their bleached jean line at the beginning of the 90's when the torn jean line was up and running, so I KNOW this guy was a true 80's throwback.

Thinking about it, not much good came out of that era. The music was horrible. Likewise for the hair. Even the cars lacked class (the exception being the 1983 Mercedes Benz Turbo Diesel 300 SD). All it did was produce a bunch of middle aged men in denial, who think that they look as cool now as they did then. Bleached jeans and sleeveless t-shirts may have been cool at one time, but that time is long gone. It's gonna be a sad day when thrift stores run out of 80's garb, and the George Michaels wannabe's have to move to the 90's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home