Wednesday, March 30, 2005

The boy got a job

During my last post I made brief mention of a phone call I received about a job. Well, ladies and gentlemen, The Jerome has received another job. As always, God was right on time! My pops is wondering if they should ship Big Ben in from London to wake me up in the morning. What he probably doesn't realize is that I was getting to my one-week job BEFORE the office personnel, so I should be fine when it comes to showing up on time. With that said, I want to give a shot out to my peeps who've been supportive of me and some who've even put me on their tab for lunch or dinner. Jerome won't forget you when Jerome starts rollin' in the dough.

Now, I'll continue where I left off yesterday talking my electricity or lack thereof. After 20 phone calls AND waking him up AND making sure he followed me to my house, I coerced my [unidentified relative] into getting to my house to do a little re-wiring action. He did, I called the utility company and now I have to wait for the city inspector to take a look at it before they send their meter guy. I love talking to incompentent customer service reps like the one I spoke to on Friday. I digress. While the aforementioned relative was re-wiring, he starts give me a Robin Hood talk. Classic stuff. He starts telling me how the utility company is just owned by crooks, who are out to take people's money, and no he's never stolen, lied, cheated his OWN family or anything of that nature. He's what some would call a trustworthy, upstanding, hard working citizen. Of course, the people who do say just happen to be his buddies. Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home