Monday, April 04, 2005

My First Day

Mommy dropped me off at work today for my first day of working since my Zometool days (all five of them). I was hesitant to get off the bus, but she gave me a lollipop and assured me that everything will be "alright". There were a lot of people I didn't know, but they all treated me with kindness especially the little people assembling the circuit boards. They greeted me with a big smile and slight bow, and uttered an unknown language, which I figured to be of the Ancient Orient. They began to shower me with gifts until I told them that I too was human only with a taller lineage. I then met a guy of the same stature, who proceeded to show me the ways of the Company.

Okay, so that was a little stretch of the imagination. However, I figured it'd be easier to believe that than to believe that I woke up at 6:30 a.m. and made it to work IN Boulder by 8:15.15 minutes before my scheduled start time! I'm not so sure I was completely expected. I had a computer with no network connection and some other guy's login info. I was then scheduled for a training class, which was cancelled at the last minute. I returned to the office I was sharing with my manager and found out that I was being moved. I was then supposed to be given a tour by my manager, but I somehow was forgotten when I was moved. A technician gave me a tour and gave me a brief overview. I spent the rest of my time listening to the radio and reading procedures. Oh joy. First days are all the same.

I did learn a new term for Stuie syndrome (farting and having more than gas pass) called "jellyfishing". Stuie, if you're reading this, remember to warn the people around you that you're beginning to jellyfish and don't subject them to that horrendous stench.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I guess I'll post a comment. Oh, just out of the blue, I got an idea. Instead of telling somebody, "It's your fault!" We should instead start yelling, "It's your FART!" Yeah. That makes sense.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home