Friday, April 01, 2005

Ode To The Benz

This poem was written after I sold the Benz on March 3, 2005, and thought it should be made public.

May 12, 2001 I was handed the key to The Benz
It appears now that we have reached our end
I scoffed when Dad brought you home two months prior
And almost four years later, you gave me but three blown out tires.

You had a uniqueness about you that no other car had
While newer cars around you will be nothing but a fad
The nine shades of blue and dull silver fender
Made other cars fear even the slightest fender bender.

I'll miss the air-ride seats and sweet, thumpin' system
The non-working sunroof and noisy engine
The gleam of the Mercedez symbol bling
And joy that only you, The Benz, could bring.

Other drivers will miss that heavy, black smoke
While pedestrians will rejoice that they'll no longer choke
Oh the thrill of having the turbo kick in at seventy
And to have passengers realize that they're not in a Bentley.

The memories are flooding my finite mind
Like the time we hit 110 on I-25
No other car could give me five moving violations
Yet bring a smile to my face as the cops issued their citations.

I'll miss you my good friend and partner in crime
And am thankful that I am selling you for more than a dime
You did not want to start when the weather got cold
Thus, to you, The Benz, I dedicate this ode.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home